Green peas 500 gms.
Onion 1 no.
Garlic 8-10 cloves
Green chillies 2 nos.
Ghee or oil 3 tbsps.
Cumin seeds ½ tsp.
Bay leaves 2 nos.
Cream ¼ cup
Salt to taste
1. Peel and boil the green peas. Blend in a blender to make a fine puree.
2. Peel and finely chop onion. Peel ginger and garlic and grind with green chilies to make a paste.
3. Heat ghee or oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and bay leaves, stir-fry for half a
minute. Add chopped onion and sauté till onion turns light pink. Add ginger, garlic and green chili paste. Sauté for a while.
4. Add green peas puree, cook for five minutes, stirring continuously. Add three cups of water and bring to a boil.
5. Season with salt and stir. Remove bay leaves and discard. Reduce heat and
cook further for five minutes. This soup is of thick consistency, however you may
make it of the consistency of your liking, by varying the quantity of water used.
6. Stir in fresh cream and serve hot garnished with a swirl of cream.